Sunday 11 January 2015

I know things now



 

     


 

Aloha my Lovlies!

With the release of the film version of 'Into The Woods' (which I am dying to see!) I thought I'd dress appropriately whilst tackling some of the new seasons biggest trends! I adore this Cape & Collar combination. I feel it makes the outfit very 'Little Red Riding Hood- esque' but still very much my style. I'd seen the collar in River Island a few weeks before Christmas & totally fallen in love with it. I think it's a great way to spice up any outfit & is a much classier way of keeping your neck warm without immersing yourself in a huge knit. In fact I was that excited about it that I then went and purchased it in 3 other colours. At £5 in the sale I couldn't really so no! I was even more delighted to find that the dusky pink matched perfectly with with this super soft cape. I got both these pieces from River Island which is fast becoming one of my favourite places to shop!

I didn't want to distract from the boldness of the outerwear, therefore I opted for a simple monochrome team underneath. Since everyone in the fashion world is getting ready for LFW (London Fashion Week) and it being LCM (London Collection : Mens) this week I thought it would be perfect to continue with the Fashion related acronyms by wearing my 'FROW (Front Row) tee. This really helps to add a modern statement to the outfit & provides a punchy contrast to the girlieness of the cape.

The last couple of weeks Knee High boots have ran straight into the high street must have's for this season, and I just had to get on the band wagon. I purchased these beauties from Topshop with my Christmas money & at first I really wasn't sure about the wedge heel, as I'm more of a cleated sole kind of girl. However as soon as I put them on with the outfit I knew they were perfect. They make the look so feminine, not to mention they're super comfortable. I can tell they're going to be my new go-to pair of boots.

Are you excited for 'Into The Woods'? & Did you notice my cat photo bombing half of the pictures in this post? Let me know!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment