Monday 25 August 2014

Dream Catch Me When I Fall









Green Cable Knit Jumper - Ark
Necklace - Miss Selfridge
Frilly Socks - Topshop
T-Bar Shoes - Topshop

Hey look - I finally managed to crack a smile! ish....

I honestly don't even know where to start with this beautiful dress I picked up in the sale when I was exchanging some items in Select. I love everything about it! It's oversized - as a smock dress should be, yet doesn't make me look 3 sizes bigger than I am. Plus the slouchy fit of this around the midriff is perfect for those times when you overindulge, meaning you can carry on stuffing your face without having to worry about having that dreaded 'food baby' on show. The subtle cinch in at the waist is a nice touch and makes the dress so flattering on my shape. I also find that this dress is such a lovely length - As finding a dress to accommodate for my curves can prove to be rather challenging. I think my favourite feature of the piece is definitely the gorgeous floral print, the mixture of deep green, blue, purple and cream make this the perfect transitional piece into A/W fashion.

As much as I don't like to admit it, Summer is starting to come to an end and the nights becoming forever colder so I threw on a deep green cable knit jumper. I actually wore this look for a family friends birthday at the weekend - although I added a pair of nice thick tights and my parka to keep out the chill!

Now anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm all about being girly, so I couldn't resist finishing off the outfit with a pair of frilly socks and my go-to T bars from Topshop. I feel that they help to prevent it all looking a bit too 'Mumsy' by giving it a youthful twist.

How are you guys feeling about the weather? Sad to be saying goodbye to the sun? or ready to cosy up in a large knit with a mug of tea?

LAURA x

PS: I've now got both a Facebook and Bloglovin' page, so if you want to always be in the know (ofcourse you do) then go ahead and follow me on social media :)




1 comment: