Wednesday 17 June 2015

It must be great to be called the 'it' girl


 









Mac - New Look // Culotte Jumpsuit - New Look // Nude Court Shoes - New Look // White Leather Handbag - Topshop // Sunglasses - River Island //  Necklace - Topshop // Hat - Primark (old) 

Aloha my lovelies!

Now that we're getting into the thick of holiday season I'm getting majorly jealous of the scenic beach photos and gorgeously sun kissed tans that keep popping up on my Facebook newsfeed. In order to console my ever envious mind I decided to purchase a few bits that will at least let me feel as if I'm on holiday. Only 20 days to go Laura... You can do this. This outfit really is me in my finest element. Oversized sun hat, chic culottes and a pair of nude courts is the way to go this Summer. I just can't get enough of New Look. It seems that every time I wander in there's at least 10 things I want to buy there and then. I bought this mac a few months ago now but just haven't had the chance to feature it on the blog yet! It's seriously been my go to coat for the transition between Spring and Summer. Admittedly for a long time I always associated trench coats with 'Doctor Who' but this one has completely converted me. The light fabric and neutral colour make it ideal for throwing on with almost any outfit. If that's not a good investment then I don't know what is! 

This culotte jumpsuit is all I could ever want. It's such a flattering fit for my curvy figure and I adore the vibrant and punchy leaf pattern which just completely depicts summer for me. Perfect for a meal out with friends or a day out in town. This piece is so versatile and can easily be dressed down with a pair of sliders and an oversized shirt. Ones things for certain - this is 1000% coming on holiday with me! 

Now many of you may be aware that it's not often I mention Primark here on NotSoPlainJayne, however, this hat is in need of a shout out. I really think it looks so much more expensive than it is. I adore the organza-esque style strips and general cutesyness* of it,. You can never go wrong with white accessories so pairing it with this gorgeous leather bag from Topshop is a match made in heaven. Of course the nude courts came out to play again. They're such an effortless way of dressing up a simple outfit. Not to mention easy to walk in and don't hurt even after several hours of wear. Yaaaaas.

Have you got any holidays planned or are you trying to beat the green monster? 
post signature

*that is definitely not a word but yolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment