Sunday 7 June 2015

OUTFIT: Darling open your eyes








Fringed Cami - New Look // Duster Cardigan - New Look // Jeans - Topshop // Shoes - New Look (old) // Sunglasses -  River Island // 

Aloha my lovelies!

Long time no see! Honestly I feel a little bit out of the loop with the blogging community, but now that University is over until September I can't wait to get back into having a proper schedule again.
The other day I went out in this outfit to which my Dad replied 'You need to get out in the sun a bit more'. So yes, I am aware that right now I am a ghost. Fingers crossed the good weather is here to stay so that I can catch some rays! I've been so busy recently that I couldn't even remember the last time I went shopping which is pretty much unheard of. Since I'm finally at home I got the chance to nip into town and pick up a few bits and bobs.

I've had an obsession with suede for as long as I can recall, so this cami instantly ticks all the right boxes. Camel is huge this season and such a nice change from your staple black or white. I must admit I've never been a massive fan of fringing or the whole 'festival' look but there's something about this top that really caught my eye. The main plus point for me with this piece is that the fringing starts just above my waist, meaning it drapes beautifully and really accentuates my curves. It's also a great basic to have in my collection because it can easily be dressed up or down and paired with so many pieces. For today's outfit I decided on some classic high waisted Joni jeans and a long line crochet cardigan for a casual day time look.

I adore this cardigan. I've seen a lot of them around and about recently so I finally bit the bullet and bought one. It's essentially the Spring/Summer continuation of the duster coat and for under £20 the quality is on point, not to mention it's a fantastic way of adding some layering without causing your to overheat due to the light and airy knitted texture. It's sleeveless design and delicate crochet detailing is perfect for the run up to the height of summer. The subtle side splits come as an added bonus - providing easy maneuverability.

Let's not forget the accessories - Starting with these easy little slip ons form New Look. I purchased them a couple of years ago now and are pretty much on their way out, however, I've got my eyes on a pair of those lace up gladiator sandals that are all over the highstreet right now. For now they compliment this outfit wonderfully and really help to tie the whole look together. A pair of sunnies were an obvious mandatory piece. A gal can never have too many!

What are your Summer staples?
  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment