Sunday 2 August 2015

DAY TO NIGHT: Casual Chic











Aztec Crop Top - Ark (old) // Trousers (Jumpsuit) - Tenerife // Sliders - f&f at Tesco // Sunglasses - Michael Kors // Bumbag - River Island //

Aloha my lovelies!

After an entire months hiatus I'm finally back with a day to night special! I'm a huge fan of versatile pieces as you really can make the most of your wardrobe. It's always essential to have a few day to night items since you never know when you're going to be invited on a spontaneous night out and need something to wear (or vice versa when you're getting up the morning after).  Today's post in going to focus on the day time outfit and how I style casual chic.

Let's talk about the star of the show: the trousers. I'm totally in love with the idea of buying clothes from other countries because you can always find something unique and chances are nobody else will have them when you arrive home again! It might surprise you to know that these bad boys are actually a jumpsuit and that it only does up with ties. Honestly I can't get over how clever it is! Unless you've been living under a rock you'll be aware that the 70's have been all the rage this Summer, meaning flared everything. *heart eyes emoji* which means wearing this piece as trousers is ticking all the right boxes for tackling this seasons hottest trend. Combined with this pastel blue crop top from Ark this outfit screams casual chic and could easily be worn whilst wandering the winding streets of an island or when hitting the high street in the UK.

Summer 2015 has definitely not been my year for sunglasses. In the last few months I've been through 4 pairs..4! Partly because I am massively accident prone (I stood on them..) however the majority were generally poor quality and lasted less than a month. I came to the conclusion that I should invest in a pair of designer specs in the hope that they would last a bit longer, however, I can't say I've got a spare £120 lying around, so for the last few weeks I've been squinting my way through the days of bright sunshine. That was until I took a cheeky visit to TK Maxx. Oh lord it's wonderful. I had gone in looking for some homeware bits and didn't even realise they sold sunglasses in the first place. I was overjoyed to discover these Michael Kors beauties for a fraction of their original RRP. I briefly had a pair of tortoise shell frames and was obsessed with them. They're a real statement print without becoming overpowering.

I can't even begin to tell you how long it took me to find a pair of  sliders that fit. Since my feet so so tiny (3 &1/2) and wider than the pacific ocean, nothing is ever simple when it comes to shoes. It wasn't until the day before my holiday when the desperation set in. In a last ditch attempt to find anything I popped over to my local tesco and there they were. These beautiful yet simplistic sliders that fit wonderfully. The cross over detailing was everything I had wanted and the gold studs down the side add such a nice finishing touch. For only £10 they really were a bargain that I'm more than happy with!

There we have it, the first part of my day to night series. Check back later in the week to see the night time transformation. It's a good un!

What are your go to day to night pieces?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment