Wednesday 12 August 2015

OUTFIT: Total White Out





 

 Bardot Top - River Island // Trousers - Dorothy Perkins // Sliders - F&F '@ Tesco // Sunglasses - Michael Kors

Aloha my lovelies!

I'm sure we can all be agreed that I am pretty terrible at sticking to my upload schedule. Unfortunately it seems I have about as many time management skills as a rubber duck. I'll get back on track soon. Pinky promise.

On to the outfit!I'm more than aware than wearing all white is certainly not the most practical trend, but if you want to show off your tan then I say go for it! It's also a difficult one to master, too much and you could look like a milk bottle! The trick is to make sure that the shades of white are similar. There's nothing worse than getting a new white top and wearing it with your 'white' skirt which ends up looking a bit of a grubby grey colour in comparison. Not a good look. It''s always nice if you can accessories with some token piece of jewelry to break it up a bit ( although I can't do this because I left my entire jewelry collection at home. Clever Laura) but even without it I reckon this look is a minimalists dream come true.

My current major obsession is Bardot everything (Or a gypsy style in English) .Weather that be dresses, tops, you name it, I'm in love with it. I'm sure you'll see many a Bardot appearing on the blog in the next couple of weeks, I think the cut is so flattering on my broad frame and oozes class. This white 3/4 sleeve number was a bargain at only £10 in the River Island sale! Plus it's great for transitioning into Autumn by adding a Shealing coat, jeans and a pair of ankle boots. Gosh how sad is it that I'm even having to contemplate dressing for the cold weather again. It seems Summer has come and gone in the blink of an eye. I'm in need of lots more Vitamin D (and top up tanning plz) So I haven't given up hope of the sun returning just yet.

I cannot even begin to explain how long it's taken me to find a pair of white bottoms that suited me. I've been through Jeans, Plazzo pants, Culottes, the list goes on. Finally I came across these tapered beauties after popping in to Dorothy Perkins on a bit of a whim. They fit like a dream and are so damn comfortable plus the fact that they're not see through is an added bonus. Tapered trousers are always perfect for creating that smart/casual look which I'm really feeling right now. My sliders have been my go to shoes this summer and they really help to dress down this outfit, making it perfect for everyday wear.

Okay so I know my sunnies aren't white but yolo. I'm bowled over by the difference in the quality of these compared with the many pairs of highstreet counterparts I've owned. Read more about my sunglasses nightmare in last weeks post.


Are you feeling the total white out?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment