Sunday 15 March 2015

OUTFIT: Talking to your ghost all night










Striped Jumper - New Look (Old - Similar here) //  Skirt - New Look // Shoes - Clarks (similar here) // Leather Jacket - Topshop (similar here) // Necklace - Topshop (old)

Aloha my lovlies!

It's getting to that point in the semester where I want to curl up into a ball and hide from the world and more importantly, the 6,000 words worth of essay I need to write. Send help. In any case Spring is still at the forefront of my mind which leads me on to today's outfit. It's all about print clashing! I've come to the realization that I've left most of my Spring clothing at home which is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare. If I'm honest I've never really been brave enough to have a go at it but I'm actually happy with the result of this experiment. Many of you will probably take one glace at this and scream 'Laura what on earth are you doing'. My answer to that would be taking a risk, because that's what fashion is about. I took inspiration from that Zara dress that fashion bloggers across the board seemed to have last year. You'll notice that I lied when I said I owned no stripes. Apologies. I had actually completely forgotten I owned this jumper. I bought it quite a number of years ago now but still love it just as much. When I originally bought this piece I sized up but since then I have lost quite a bit of weight, making this the ultimate slouchy jumper. The contrast between the bold Breton stripes with the beautiful floral skirt is something I really can't get enough of.

This skirt is actually a mid length pencil skirt, however, for the purposes of this post I decided to roll it up (oh how scandalous) to create a chic mini skirt. I such a massive fan of all the A Line skirts on the high street at the moment, but finding one that will fit over certain assets is proving rather difficult. Regardless I'm obsessed with the really unique greeny/yellow tones running throughout the floral pattern. I decided to give the outfit a bit more of an edge by adding my leather dream team. This comes in the form of my Topshop Jacket & gorgeous Brogues from Clarks.

Are you loving or loathing the print clash?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment