Sunday 16 November 2014

When I feel good I sing







Tartan Top/Dress - Ark // Red Velvet Skirt - Primark // Black Tights - Primark //
 Black Cleated Chunky Shoes - River Island// Faux Fur Coat - Ark
Aloha my lovlies!

I guess we could well and truly say that it's no longer Summer as the days are growing darker and darker & it's becoming pretty chilly!

Today's Outfit of the day draws total inspiration from the classic film 'Clueless'. Anyone who hasn't seen it - if you're into cheesy stereotypical chick flick then this one is definitely for you!

Tartan is back for another year at the front line of A/W fashion - So I decided to whip out this beautiful piece I bought last year. Believe it or not it's actually a dress - however being from Ark unfortunately even when I sized up to accommodate for the curves it literally only just covers. It's such a shame because it's such a beautiful design and is made from a lovely thick high quality material. I wasn't going to let this stop me from wearing such a beautiful item- therefore I slipped my favourite primark purchase over the top to help cover my modesty & voila! No need to worry about an unexpected eye full. The rich red of the skirt really helps to highlight the subtle red details in the dress and gives the look a very festive feel.

Now as many of you may or may not know I've got a soft spot for textures, so when I spotted this faux fur coat reduced I just had to have it. I'd been on the look out for a decent faux fur piece for months but never found the perfect one. The main thing that attracted me to this one was the colour and pattern - it's so unique and really like nothing else I've seen on the high street. The quality is on point and I find myself constantly cuddled up whenever I wear it because I feel like a massive teddy bear. At £50 this was a bargain for such a staple piece that I know I'll have for years.

At the last moment I recalled that I also owned a deep red beret & to my delight it matches wonderfully with the rest of my outfit! Hat's are one of my must have items for winter - not only do they help to add an extra something to any outfit but they're great for masking unwashed hair and keeping your ears nice and warm!

Have you seen Clueless? Or are you Clueless about it? AS IF. (that was a reference for anyone who hasn't seen it.)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment